Therapeutic Health Benefits of Bikram Yoga
Practice five times a week to:
- Manage pain from musculoskeletal problems (i.e. back, knee, shoulders)
- Reverse repetitive motion injuries
- Improve strength and flexibility through physical “therapy”
- Increase blood circulation
- Lessen the symptoms of many chronic diseases (i.e. arthritis, diabetes and thyroid disorders)
- Boost the immune system through compression of glands and increased core temperature
- Improve sleep patterns
- Strengthen core muscles improving balance
- Promote relaxation through stress reduction
"Teachers are very personal and attentive. It's like working with a personal trainer and a mentor all together."
Bikram Method Yoga
Bikram Method Yoga is a series of 26 Hatha Yoga postures and two breathing exercises (26/2). Through stretching and compressing specific areas of the body, the postures bring immense change in circulation and create suppleness in the body. The mind calms and stress is reduced through the concentration on the physical body while maintaining proper breath.
"I feel great after classes. I have a lot more energy when I do Bikram yoga."
To improve the condition of your body, come five times a week. When you are satisfied with the improvements then come three times a week for maintenance.
If you were referred to us by a doctor or health provider we recommend highly that you take ten Classic 90 minute classes before you venture in to the other classes. By doing the Classic 90, it will allow you to get accustomed to the heat, the postures, the rhythm of the class, etc. We do offer a range of classes but for maximum therapeutic benefits the Classic 90 minute class is the way to go. (You will be fine if you do the others, so don’t worry the hard part is just getting here!) Just come and do your best.
- $40 for the first 2 weeks
- 20% off 2nd package when you purchase during the intro offer
Should arrive 15 minutes early to register. Wear light clothing (men: jogging shorts, t-shirts optional, women: short, and a sports bra or tank top.) Bring a yoga mat, a large towel and a bottle of water.
Although you want an empty stomach for class, you can eat ½ a piece of fruit an hour before class. Prepare for every class by drinking plenty of water before class begins, that is the best time to drink water. Keep in mind that it takes the body about an hour to an hour and a half to assimilate water, so drink it early.